Monday 15 February 2010

ESSAOUIRA GNAWA AND WORLD MUSIC FESTIVAL 2010

Update For a full report with photos, music and videoa, see http://maggieknutson.blogspot.com/2010/07/wonder-and-beauty-of-gnaoua-and-world.html

UPDATE 16 May 2010: Dates confirmed - Thursday to Sunday, June 24-27, 2010 - for more details, see http://maggieknutson.blogspot.com/2010/05/essaouira-gnaoua-and-world-music.html



Okay folks. I'll put you out of your misery. I've had so many hits recently about the Festival that I guess you know 'something's up'.

As it is indeed.

I have no idea why the thought popped into my mind because it's still only February and I wasn't even thinking about Morocco or the Festival, but as I was passing John's workroom one evening last week, I suggested that he look at the Festival website for any info about this year's Festival.

He looked on the net but said that the Festival's website wasn't working. I, however, was not satisfied with this and looked on my own computer. And, yes, that site wasn't working but I found several Essaouira travel websites which gave the information that the Festival was to be on the last week of June - Thursday 24th to Sunday 27th.

Then, a few days later, the Festival site was up and running, with the dates confirmed but no details of artists.

Assured that this was sufficient confirmation and egged on by me (because John can be somewhat tardy at times - hope he doesn't read this!), WE'VE BOOKED - FLIGHTS AND HOTELS!!!

When we learn more about the artists, I'll post details on my blog or you can go to daftnotstupid.

Plus, if any of you have any particular requests about what you'd like me to report/photograph, please let me know and I'll do what I can.

Given the rotten start to the year, in a number of areas,I feel this small glow of happiness that, God Willing, better things are to come.

YIPPEE!!!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

What I meant to say was ... lucky you, going again. If my sister wasn't visiting from Oz I would be tempted to join you. Ever thought about going to the Festival au Desert in Mali?