Monday 1 March 2010

GREAT STUFF !!!

1. Cyprus Blues is up and running. Please try to read it/some of it and give me feed back. My e-mail address is on the title page of the novel, after you've pressed read more.

2. Back to more mundane issues - i.e. the ultrasound today. I don't know why I was so worried. It was an absolute dodle. The hardest part was drinking 1 litre of water all in one go.

The incontinence pad (can't believe I'm telling you this) was unnecessary. I managed to hold all that water in successfully although my heart did sink when I arrived in the reception area and saw about eight people waiting. Didn't think I could last eight examinations before mine.

However, they were all waiting for different scanners so I was soon being dealt with. And you'll be pleased to know that I have an properly functioning bladder, so I've probably just got an irritable bladder, which aparently is possible and which just about sums me up. For those of you with similar problems, I'll let you know what treatment my doctor recommends when I manage to get an appointment.

And since this blog is bordering on the abnoxious, just to let you know that I had great plans for the rest of the pads in the packet in terms of travelling. So, I had a little experiment to see just how waterproof they are. And my conclusion: don't try to pee into your pad when you're on a plane!

No comments: